Strengthen partnerships across local authority, Clinical Commissioning Group, maternity, and Voluntary, Community and Faith Sectors to ensure a joined up approach to support families
- Map the offer and referral pathways for services and ensure there is a consistent offer for 0-5 year olds and their families
- Strengthen multi-agency working between health, education and social care
- Expand the function of children’s centre staff to include supporting families outside of the venue
- Expand Newham’s social prescribing offer to include services for 0-5 year olds and their family
- Mapping taken place. Joined up approach in place
- Newham Council, including 0-19 Children’s Health Service and Early Years
- Maternity services
- Clinical Commissioning Group
- Voluntary, Community and Faith Sectors
Health Service and Early Years
Can you help?
We rely on the support from organisations and individuals to help us deliver our goals. We are on the look out for more partners who are able to support this step. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] to find out more.
Now is the time to act. Together we can make Newham a healthier borough.
Mavis works and volunteers for a range of community sector, informal and statutory organisations and agencies to develop innovative and community-based projects, programmes and user/patient led initiatives.
“As a black woman, parent, carer and community representative I see it as my responsibility to voice my opinion and help remove inequalities that might exist within health and wellbeing services provided in Newham. I want to ensure that equality, justice, transparency and fairness are fully and robustly woven in from a whole community perspective.”
– Mavis Wenham, Independent Consultant Health, Care, Community and Wellbeing
Get in touch to find out how you can support the borough’s drive to be healthier.
We are on the look out for organisations and people in our community who are thinking differently, challenging the norms, trying new things and looking at ways they can help Newham be a healthier borough.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you, email [email protected]