Support the design of health promoting and inclusive homes
- Establish baseline through housing health needs assessment and identify vulnerable groups
- Develop a Health Impact Assessment Guide for new developments
- Work in partnership to promote broadband connectivity (digital inclusion) in social housing
- Maximise funding opportunities including S106 to enhance existing environments and create health promoting neighbourhoods
- Develop home safety plan and campaign to reduce falls, fires and accidents
- Reduction in the levels of accidents
- Reduction in A&E presentations
- Reduction in fires, number of planning applications using Health Impact Assessments
- Newham Council
- Occupational therapists
- Fire Service
Can you help?
We rely on the support from organisations and individuals to help us deliver our goals. We are on the look out for more partners who are able to support this step. Please email [email protected] to find out more.
Now is the time to act. Together we can make Newham a healthier borough.
Get in touch to find out how you can support the borough’s drive to be healthier.
We are on the look out for organisations and people in our community who are thinking differently, challenging the norms, trying new things and looking at ways they can help Newham be a healthier borough.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you, email [email protected]