Develop strong relationships with the voluntary, community and faith sector to help improve the health and wellbeing of residents
- Establish a Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector (VCFS) umbrella support organisation infrastructure
- Regularly review Newham Council and community assets to enable organisations to thrive
- Identify key issues in the borough and work on systems based solutions with all partners to find solutions
- The establishment of a Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector umbrella support organisation/infrastructure
- Voluntary, Community and Faith Sectors
- All Health and Wellbing partners
Can you help?
We rely on the support from organisations and individuals to help us deliver our goals. We are on the look out for more partners who are able to support this step. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] to find out more.
Now is the time to act. Together we can make Newham a healthier borough.
Taskin has been involved with many VCFS organisations over the years, setting up services and campaigning on a range of issues. As part of her current role as Chief Executive of Subco Trust, she has collaborated with both local and national organisations to raise awareness and find solutions around many health and wellbeing issues. More recently as the new Chair of the BAME Working Group, she has the additional responsibility of ensuring that services are accessible and appropriately developed for BAME communities.
“By having access to information and services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate we can ensure that each individual engages in a way that is practical and personalised to their circumstances.”
– Taskin Saleem, Chief Executive, Subco Trust
Get in touch to find out how you can support the borough’s drive to be healthier.
We are on the look out for organisations and people in our community who are thinking differently, challenging the norms, trying new things and looking at ways they can help Newham be a healthier borough.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you, email [email protected]