Support place shaping for physical activity, including leisure infrastructure and the wider environment
- Develop a leisure infrastructure and asset development plan
- Work in partnership to shape positive environments for physical activity
- Maximise funding opportunities including S106 to enhance existing and create new sports facilities
- Development of a long term vision and strategic plan, including investment requirements for high quality leisure infrastructure in Newham
- Leisure infrastructure plan finalised and implemented
- Newham Council
- Sport England
Can you help?
We rely on the support from organisations and individuals to help us deliver our goals. We are on the look out for more partners who are able to support this step. Please email [email protected] to find out more.
Now is the time to act. Together we can make Newham a healthier borough.
Ravinder is the rst Newham born England International cricketer. As an elite sportsman, he is a role model to aspiring sportsmen and women in the borough and spends much of his spare time supporting young cricketers at Frenford Youth Club.
“I was very fortunate growing up to have a local cricket club I could join, which kept me very active and provided me with a safe place to socialise. It’s important that there are physical activities and environments that suit a variety of needs for those in Newham, whether it’s a specific sport, such as a cricket, or general health activities such as walking and cycling.”
– Ravinder Bopara, Professional Cricketer
Get in touch to find out how you can support the borough’s drive to be healthier.
We are on the look out for organisations and people in our community who are thinking differently, challenging the norms, trying new things and looking at ways they can help Newham be a healthier borough.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you, email [email protected]