Increase participation of children and young people in physical activity and sport
- Work with partners to develop and implement a play offer for Newham
- Work with disabled children and young people, young carers, SEND families and those in foster care and their families to identify opportunities for inclusive programmes of sport and physical activities
- Provide high quality physical activity and sports provision for children and young people in a range of settings including children’s centres, schools, youth and community settings
- Provide support for talented participants to progress
- Play offer developed and implemented
- Positive feedback from pupils and parents about the school offer
- Schools Sports Partnership
- University of East London
- Newham Council including Youth Empowerment team
- National governing bodies of sport
- Voluntary, Community and Faith Sectors
Can you help?
We rely on the support from organisations and individuals to help us deliver our goals. We are on the look out for more partners who are able to support this step. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] to find out more.
Now is the time to act. Together we can make Newham a healthier borough.
During the day, Bisi works at a Newham primary school organising activities for pupils before and after school. In the evenings, at weekends and during school holidays, she helps people of all ages to become more active in her role as a sports coach and group exercise instructor.
“My role in the primary school is to provide pupils with opportunities to become more active before and after school. This may be the only chance these pupils have to participate in sports and activities outside of school. They are provided in a safe and friendly environment and delivered by a familiar face. My short term goal is to create a love of being active. In the longer term, I hope that being healthy becomes part of their every day life.”
– Bisi Imafidon, Extended Schools Manager and part-time group exercise instructor/sports coach
Get in touch to find out how you can support the borough’s drive to be healthier.
We are on the look out for organisations and people in our community who are thinking differently, challenging the norms, trying new things and looking at ways they can help Newham be a healthier borough.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you, email [email protected]