Bring a public health approach to shaping Healthier Places and Healthy Streets in our communities
- Develop Newham Standard Evaluation Framework for healthy places/streets
- Develop focus for motivation behaviour change activities (play streets, anti-idling, air quality health champions etc.)
- Baseline number of healthy streets/level achieved, conversion of short car journeys into active travel, increased walking and cycling
- Newham Council including community neighbourhood teams
- Voluntary, Community and Faith Sectors
Can you help?
We rely on the support from organisations and individuals to help us deliver our goals. We are on the look out for more partners who are able to support this step. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] to find out more.
Now is the time to act. Together we can make Newham a healthier borough.
Onome is an Active Newham, British Heart Foundation and COVID-19 Health Champion volunteer in Newham. As part of her involvement as a Health Champion, Onome runs a cycling club. Onome set up the cycling club to provide people with an opportunity to exercise and socialise during these difficult times. Her goal was to help keep the community healthy – both mentally, physically and emotionally.
“Back in my country cycling was my means of transportation, literally to everywhere. But when I came here, that chance wasn’t available. When the opportunity came to set up a cycling club I jumped at the chance. We have had a range of cycling abilities – from beginners through to experts. It has been great fun.”
– Onome Juliet Eric, Volunteer
Get in touch to find out how you can support the borough’s drive to be healthier.
We are on the look out for organisations and people in our community who are thinking differently, challenging the norms, trying new things and looking at ways they can help Newham be a healthier borough.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you, email [email protected]